Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Recovery


As I was going for the interception, boom, I was accidently hit by my own player. The crowd cringed at such impact. I stood up feeling shaken. I felt a significant shift in my bite and knew something was wrong.
Now the game is over, and I’m going home in agony. As I change out of my football uniform, my mom urges me. She knew if that we hurried to the emergency room, I would receive medicine for the pain. Trusting her, I sped up my pace.
 
 We now rest in the emergency room, with doctors discussing my X-ray and giving me pain medicine. During the day I thought of the date of my surgery and my football future. One doctor walked in with a diagnosis, “Broken Mandibular”. He wired my mouth shut with medical rubber bands on the hooks of my braces. He told me I’d be out for 6-8 weeks and I couldn’t eat solid foods during that time. Surgery.

This was unbelievable.
I wanted no part of having to eat like this for a while. This frustrated me to the point that I was against it.  Who wants to eat grinded up food for this long! Despite this I had to follow it for the best of my jaw. (Reluctant) Weeks of eating grinded up food was difficult.

After a while the plan worked. The surgery was a success, the pain was suppressed, and I recovered fully. Now I could eat solid foods again and after going through a serious injury I could return to football.  This is similar to the event of that next year.

One morning my head was aching from a dreadful headache. In misery, I grasped for my head. I then trusted the ambulance in transporting me to the hospital promptly to stop the pain. They rushed me there and got me to the room. Shortly after the doctor told me the procedure of the spinal tap would be a medium level of pain. He told me I should stay as curled up and still as possible. I believed him, laid still during the needle’s sharp pain thus removing pressure to relive my head.

When my teammate and I collided I couldn’t believe the feeling in my mouth. Although I was sure I would stay tough and trust the people trying to help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment